Sunday, February 4, 2007

Look, it's a sock!

This is the beautiful Child's First Sock pattern from Nancy Bush's Knitting Vintage Socks. Once done in modern yarn with larger needles, as Nancy describes, it is sized to fit a small woman's foot. Sadly, my foot is not small. So this bad boy is for my mother's best friend, my Godmother, Diane. I'll be giving them to her for her birthday in March.


















So lovely! The Yarn is Lisa Souza's Sock! Merino in Foxglove. I love the yarn... super soft with a very nice bloom once it has been washed. Here's a detail of the heel.
The stitch pattern doesn't show up very well in these pictures, but I assure you it is WONDERFUL! The yarn is very subtlely variegated and doesn't take away from the lacy bits at all. This is the first one and I've just finished the cuff of the second one... I hope to finish it in a week-ish.
What else is on my needles you may ask? Well I have my second Mitt from my Knit Mitt Kit Swap kit :) It is coming along famously, I just finished the thumb gusset. I put it down for a few days, but it's a really fast knit. I'll probably work on it some more tonight and hopefully finish it tomorrow.
My Clapotis is still languishing away, about halfway done, and horribly ignored. I love it, I really do... but it's not socks! I do need to get off my ass and finish it, I know.
That's all right now, once i finish these mitts I need to cast on for my project spectrum project, which I *think* will be a hat with a blue brim and grey/white crown, covering all my bases for the colors.

No comments: