Friday, April 27, 2007

What's on your needles?

Well, let me tell you.


Phoebe is still on the needles... body is 15 inches long, one sleeve is finished and the other is about 6 inches long. Quite a bit larger than in this picture, but still... maybe 70% done.


Floral Felted Tote by Nicky Epstein, which I have from the holiday issue of IK. I have completely finished one side... and that's all. Just one lonely side, and to think I bought the yarn for this nearly six months ago ::shame:: so it's about 40% done.


The Clapotis which I really don't even want to mention... except that I pulled it out of it's hiding place last week so now I must acknowledge that it exists. I have not touched it since around Christmas. probably 50% done.


Twisted Flower Sock I love you, I really do, but I messed up on the last row and I'm avoiding ripping back (yes, I know it's only one row... shut up, I hate you). Not terribly larger than in this picture. I'd say, 55% done on this sock (which means, what, 27% done on the pair? Oh the shame)


I did just finish a Dulaan hat. I will be casting on another in Encore Chunky. Probably the Avalanche Hat pattern. It's not on the needles yet, but let's face it, it will be soon.


So with all this in mind, I bet you can guess what I did this week. That's right, I worked dilligently at completing my in progress projects so that I can rid myself of the terrible guilt.


HA! In your dreams sucka. I cast on this little trouble maker:

Yup, it's the Blue Moon Fiber Arts Rockin' Sock Club sock kit from February. Since the April one is at my parents' house, but not yet picked up (therefore not yet in the stash, right?)
Yes, it's suggestive, and yes knitting with STR Mediumweight on size 0 needles kind of sucks. But overall, I love it. I especially love how the colors are spiralling so loverly all around.
That is all... tune in next week when our heroine loses all self control and casts on projects with every set of needles she owns.

1 comment:

Mia said...

Hey, I started the same sock. Mine isn't spiraling like your's. And quit complaining about size os. I knit on them all the time. And that reminds me, I need to go and check my gauge on my sock. Hopefully I am close. Need more yarn?