Wednesday, March 7, 2007

New Day New Yarn

I got some new yarn this weekend.

For example, I received my first Blue Moon Fiber Arts Rockin' Sock Club kit. The yarn is called Monsoon and is inspired by Oregon storms. It's super beautiful... very earthy, which I wouldn't think I would like, but I do.



















he purpley bits are really more gray... a very difficult color to capture... everytime I look at it think it's a different color. It is very close in color to a big, heavy, storm cloud... perfect really.

Here's the whole skein...




Awesome!

Also, my buddy Mia sent me six (I think) skeins of Encore to do some Dulaan knitting, along with three great patterns, some delicious candy (The PeanutButter things are already gone) and a really delish Jasmine candle. Mia's really thoughtful and awesome, I was so lucky to get her as my Knit Mitt Kit Swap Partner back in January.















Here's the yarn... it's a really pretty mixture of blue/white. I think I'm going to do a child's sweater with a matching hat for some special Mongolian child. I turned down some Avalanche yarn from Ryan because I think I have enough Dulaan knitting on my plate for now and I really don't want to disappoint anyone because my eyes are bigger than my stomach (or faster than my fingers, as with knitting)

2 comments:

Adrienne said...

Ohhhh, pretty.......

Lolly said...

Oh, that new STR is lovely!!