Friday, March 16, 2007

SPRING!!

It is a glorious spring day here in Portland. The trees across the street are just starting to get little green buds on them. It's 70 degrees, and downtown Portland is positively bustling outside my window.

This, naturally, makes getting work done... impossible. I want to go down to Starbucks (1 block) and get one of those tangerine smoothie things...mmmm.

Oh yeah, knitting content, I worked on my second sleeve for Phoebe last night after I put up the show notes , I'm about six(?) inches into it and have gotten quite used to the pattern, although I do still need to glance at it. The main problem I am finding is that after about an hour of flying along my hands start to cramp up from all the pulling and twisting. So I can work on the sleeve for about an hour and then I have to work on the body, or just do nothing, which is fine. I'd really like to get the sleeves/body joined and start on the shoulders this weekend... but I doubt it's going to happen.

In other news, I became completely enamored with Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab yesterday when I was putting up the show notes, so today I ordered six "imps ears" of perfume in:
-Morgause (Bewitching Brews): She is a sister, or sister-self, to Morgan Le Fay. A bouquet of five night-blooming flowers deepened by dusky violet, purple fruits and the barest breath of medieval incenses.
-Poisoned Apple (Bewitching Brews): A perfect, lovely, gleaming red apple whose sweetness masks a swirl of narcotic opium, oleander, and hemlock.
-Pride (Sin & Salvation): Vanity in extremis. The scent of rabid hauteur: Moroccan rose and narcissus.
-Marie (Diabolus): A blend of sinuous violet and elegant tea rose: the chosen scent of France's Demigoddess of Debauch: Marie Antoinette.
-New Orleans (Wanderlust):Reminiscent of hothouse blooms on a humid night, ripe, but touched with decay. Sweet honeysuckle and jasmine with a hint of lemon and spice.
-Queen (Voodoo Blends): For use only by women. An extremely potent passion blend, used to great effect when you're converting feminine sexual energy into power.

The only one of these similar to my usual scent(s) is New Orleans, I *love* honeysuckle and jasmine, I decided, for the most part, to try new things though since they have so many unique concoctions. Narrowing it down to six was definitely the hard part. The short list of other scents I was looking at:
Envy
Eden
Catherine
French Love
Jezebel
Lolita

I think I had about 20 on my list before I started crossing them off and paring down. Anyways, I know it takes them a long time to put it all together, but I am *super* excited about my new scents. Hopefully one will really really stand out to buy in a full vial.

I ramble. Do excuse me.

1 comment:

Mia said...

You know that are you are a Jezabel. I have to wander over there and check it out. Mmm, Starbucks. Iced caramel machiddo